McCallum Rock Drilling (MRD) is a rock drilling and blasting contractor based out of Chehalis, WA, that has been in business since 1988. MRD operates in commercial quarries, timberlands and construction sites throughout the Western US.
MRD is seeking a full-time Diesel Mechanic to operate out of our main office located in Chehalis, Washington. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and repair on all of our equipment and vehicles. The candidate must be willing to travel. The applicant must have a clean driving record and will be expected to pass a pre-employment drug screening test.
Minimum responsibilities include:
- Owns hand tools related to diesel repair and maintenance
- Diagnose common problems quickly and efficiently
- Diagnose and repair air and oil leaks
- Ability to reassemble engines in vehicles, drills, lowboy trucks and trailers, skid steers, excavator, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, brakes, hydraulic systems, suspensions etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance, inspection, and correction of major or minor repairs on all equipment
- Safely operate welder, drill press, grinders, hoist, jacks, air tools, and other shop equipment
- Maintains a safe and clean work area
- Follows all MRD safety policies and procedures
- Welding experience a plus
Minimum skills and qualifications include:
- Must have reliable transportation to the base shop
- Able to pass criminal background check, MVR, and drug test
- Valid driver's license with a CLEAN record (no more than 3 minor violations in the last 3 years)
- Be able to easily lift 50 lbs
- Willing to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions
- Willing to work all days and hours required (weekends, nights, etc.)
- Must have own tools
- Must be willing to travel and stay out of town for work
- Reliable and a team player
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- 401k Option
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 45-55+ hours per week
- Hourly Rate: $19-$28